In the spirit of having nothing to blog about, I've been stalking other blogs and Sarah at Waiting on the Butterflies completed a survey so I thought to myself, "Aha!" Now I know. And I get to talk about myself. This is genius.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
If it's a present for a kid, I wrap it. They don't care if the paper isn't pulled tight and they love to unwrap. If it's a present for an adult, I
just hope they got me something, too. :)
2. Real tree or artificial?
We had real trees when I was growing up and it was the big family tradition to go on the hunt for it. One year, we picked out the shortest, widest tree you have ever seen. My dad had to bring it in through the sliding glass door because it was so wide. It's hilarious to see in pictures.
My hubs and I carried on that tradition for awhile but a few years ago, we got an artificial one. I do appreciate not having needles to clean up.
3. When do you put up the tree?Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. We usually order pizza, open a bottle of wine, and watch a Christmas movie. I love it.
4. When do you take the tree down?
No set date. Whenever. I tend to be lazy and procrastinate (as stated before). For example, I should probably start Christmas shopping soon, seeing as how Christmas with my family will be this Friday, and I haven't bought one gift.
5. Do you like eggnog?
In Oh. NO!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Barbie's horse. Dallas. I still have it. IN THE BOX. With her saddle and comb.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes! I got it when I was Mary for a Live Nativity at a Boys Ranch Town in Oklahoma. Those were some of the best days of my teenage years: Bad boys playing Joseph to my Mary. Fantastic. I was pregnant Mary on the way to Bethlehem and my friend and I alternated in 15 minute shifts because it was snowing and so cold. She went first and got bucked off the donkey (it was a LIVE Nativity with real camels and such). BUCKED OFF A REAL LIVE DONKEY. When it was my turn, I just stood NEXT to the donkey. I'm no dummy. Anyways, they gave me a Nativity Scene for helping them out. Ha!! They didn't know that my gift was being around all of those boys during my boy crazy time.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My older niece and nephew. They want cold, hard cash. Let me
know if you know where to get some.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Myself. I always know what I want.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
MAIL. Email??? Yikes.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It was from a Secret Santa at school. It was a salt shaker that had been turned into Mrs. Clause. There was no pepper shaker. Just the salt shaker. That's all. And it was one of those little glass ones that you might see at Denny's or something. There was also no salt. Just the shaker.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?The Holiday, Love Actually, A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Well, if this year is any indication, not yet.
14. Ever recycled a present?
Yes . . . shhhhhh.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom's homemade fudge. DEE-LISH. But I'm not a fan of Christmas dinner - the turkey and fixings and all that. It's wasted on me. Just give me some fudge and See's candy and then let's go to Taco Bell. Anyone? I'll drive.
16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?Clear lights only. On the tree and on the house. And on the stairs. And please don't mix your colored lights on the house with some clear icicles thrown in for good measure. Do us all a favor and make a PLAN.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
The First Noel and the Charlie Brown Christmas cd which I played every.single.morning in the classroom.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
I stay home unless my twin doesn't come out here and then I go out there. It's not Christmas without my twin. It's just not.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes. And I have to look it up every year because when I write my kids back as if I were Santa, that's one of the questions they ask.
20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
We don't have anything on top of our tree. We keep saying we'll get something but we haven't.
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning. Although this year, that will be on December 23 for us.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People. Traffic. Parking Lots. Spending money.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
Well, my tree is filled with ornaments that my mom has given me each year. So there is no theme. At all. Or any kind of color theme, either. You can call it a
24. What do you want for Christmas?
I like to read these when I come across them in emails or on facebook. I'm not making this a party because I don't know how and I have to go so I can't take time to learn either. But if you decide to post about this, let me know. :) I'd love to see what your survey looks like.
And that's all for today. Tomorrow, my parents are taking the kids to Disney on Ice so Kerry and I get to go have a looooong lunch, and then we're going to start my Christmas shopping. I hope I can find some hard, cold cash somewhere.