I'm starting to have some very early Sunday blues. On a Saturday. Two weeks of Spring Break will do that to a person. That is why, in my opinion, Spring Break should last for three weeks. Or maybe four.
Or maybe we could call Spring Break summer vacation and just be done with it. Who's with me?
Well, let's catch up on my very productive week, shall we?
This will be it for my Jamaican vacation. Then I will talk about it no more. Although, I make no promises. But I will try my very very very best.
I made a little collage for
my your viewing pleasure.
1) Look at how much my hubby adores me. Awwww shucks.
However, since I'm not at all about being fake, I'll give you the back story on this. Our friend told us to look at each other and this was taken right before I said, "Wait. What?" But doesn't it look like he just absolutely adores the ground I walk on? Maybe this will be our Christmas card.
2) Reading. On my paper white Kindle. Every day. As much as possible.
3) A little surprise in the hotel room one night.
4) A view of our room. We had a sort-of-private pool that we shared with other people on our wing which is why it was sort-of-private.
5) I almost stepped on that crab in our sort-of-private-apparently-looks-like-an-ocean-and-from-then-on-I-had-to-be-worried-about-sharks-and-jellyfish-and-other-scary-things-pool.
6) Another little surprise in the hotel room one night. Plus there were flowers in a big ole bubble bath!
7) The famous Rick's Cafe which is supposedly on the list of top ten bars in all the world. People cliff jump here. I just had a rum punch and watched. I'm no dummy.
This is the best tank top ever. I got it at Nordstrom. Look how great the care instructions are!
DRY IN TWISTED POSITION TO KEEP WRINKLE AFFECT. DO NOT IRON.
If only all of my clothing could be taken care of this way. Well, actually it is, but it's not supposed to be.
I need to go back and get one in every color.
Remember how I had a bladder infection before I left for vacation? Well, guess what? The day after I took my last antibiotic, all of my symptoms returned.
And I was only half-way through my vacation.
I had to go see the resort nurse. And he was male. He was a male nurse.
Which, by the way, did you know Jamaican men are extremely handsome?
You need to keep that in mind.
So I had to give another urine sample and sure enough, I still had blood and protein and bacteria in it which I just did not understand seeing as how I thought alcohol killed everything.
So a doctor was called and money was exchanged (now I have to try to get reimbursed from my insurance company - oh joy kill me now) and then Handsome Resort Nurse gave me a shot.
In my bootie.
Which he got to see. He got to see my naked bootie.
I'm telling you -- come on vacation with me. You won't get sick. I will.
Then I was prescribed another antibiotic.
I am pleased to tell you that neither the resort doctor or the nurse asked if I was a meth addict when they took my medical history.
Instead, they were very concerned about finding an antibiotic that would allow me to continue to be in the sun, drink their country's rum, and have lots of vacation fun.
I just loved them.
I was dragged into a Bass Pro Shop yesterday. It was against my will.
And I don't ever need to go again.
And I thought I was stuck inside forever.
But I made it out alive.
The hubby got hungry, thank goodness. Did you know it has a restaurant?
Well, we didn't eat there.
Because there is a Brio close by and we both wanted their spinach artichoke dip which is uh-mazing.
I am working on a new Pin It! Word Families (Long Vowels) edition this weekend. I need it. My kids need it.
I hope to have it up tomorrow. It will all depend on how lazy I am today.
That was my week. How was yours?