Here’s my fantasy: I have been nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy series and they have just played a clip of my hilarious show at the awards ceremony. I have been nominated with four other lovely ladies and we all clap politely for each other. And THEN, Matthew Fox or Kyle Chandler or Neil Patrick Harris announce MY name!!!!
I feel like you all know me pretty good so I am going to try to dig a little deeper and think of some new stuff you may not know. Hmmmmmmmm. This is a toughie.
1. I have TERRIBLE eyesight. I can’t stand it when people get Lasik (sorry) who only have a -1 or -2 prescription. I am a -10 in my left eye and a -14 in my right eye. I KNOW!!!! I am not even a candidate for Lasik. I would STILL need glasses or contacts. And just for the record, I wear contacts almost 24/7 because if I wore glasses and the sun was out (and I live in California so let’s be real) I might cause fires wherever I go. Only my family and SUPER close friends see me in my glasses. And by SUPER close, I mean one or two who got lucky and I’m still not sure how it happened and I was mortified.
2. I was in Show Choir in 8th grade. I auditioned and everything. I can’t sing now but apparently I could back then. Or they were desperate. For a teeny tiny person to sing all of the little kid parts. I don’t know. We had three groups. Two Mixed and one All Girls. I was in the All Girls. And guess what one of our songs was? For competition?? IT’S RAINING MEN!!! We used umbrellas for props! I was 13 years old!! Is this really appropriate??? Ha!! But I guess it could have been worse and we could have sang Like a Virgin or I Want Your Sex. Which were pretty popular at the time. 🙂
3. My parents met in high school in drama. They LOVE drama. Every new church we ever went to (we moved three times when I was younger), they started a new drama group. My sisters, brother, and I were always in their skits and plays. I love drama, too. I am not afraid to get up on stage or speak in front of a crowd. Hence, the Emmy Award fantasy. I tend to get the drama out when I read stories in class. It’s pretty much my most favorite time of the day.
4. I am not into fashion. GASP. I know!
5. I am a creature of habit and eat an English muffin with peanut butter every morning. For like the last year and a half or something. Oh well. Before that, I ate nothing for breakfast.
6. My favorite movies are Footloose, You’ve Got Mail, and Return to Me. I can watch them over and over again! I can quote them. I am NOT looking forward to the new Footloose but I will go watch it so I can critique it and slam it from here to there. We’ll see.
7. I hate confrontation and will avoid it at all costs. My partner at school was arguing with another teacher and turned to me to confirm something and saw . . . no one. I had tiptoed away. I do this a lot.
I am passing this award onto 15 other bloggers so if you haven’t checked them out, please do!