I am all over the place.
Not in geography.
In fact, I’ve been on the couch most of the day.
But, in my defense, I walked Murphie for an hour. An entire hour. I checked my phone and everything and we left at 7:50am and did not walk back in the door until 8:50am. And while we were out, I may have told a teeny fib.
But when your big German Shepherd dog acts like a lunatic because she sees two big Huskies and decides she is scared to death of them and must do an army crawl along the sidewalk with all of her hair sticking up, you would want to fib, too.
So when the lady owner of the Huskies started telling Murphie (in a baby voice, I might add) that it’s okaaay, it’s allllriiiight, you’re okaaaay, there was just no helping what came out of my mouth.
SHE’S STILL A PUPPY, I said.
Which, technically, she really is because I heard dogs are puppies until they’re two years old. I did. I heard that. Someone said it once.
However, I am pretty sure the guy owner didn’t believe me because he said, “She’s going to be really big IF she’s still a puppy.”
Can’t walk that route again.
I don’t know what got into her, but now she’s pretty much slept the rest of the day away so I’m okay with the whole situation.
But I, for one, am ALL OVER THE PLACE in my brain.
And I would like to know if you are suffering from the same symptoms.
1. Report Cards.
2. End of Year Slideshow.
3. First Grade Summer Review.
4. Revise and update Back to School plays.
5. Write plays for Any Time of the Year because I want to. Because I have several ideas that I want to write about. Because they are in my brain. Because I have a sickness.
6. Begin prepping for next year.
7. Write student book for classroom rules and playground rules. I wrote it in my head on my walk and now I have to get it out. Really. Otherwise my head might explode.
8. Finish portfolio folders because I have to and no, they’re not cute, they’re for the next grade level and they are the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.
9. Tell you about my classroom management tip of Teacher’s Pet and create a freebie to go along with it. This has been on my brain FOREVER.
10. Well, I do not have a number ten. That’s just sad, if you ask me.
The biggest problem is that I haven’t completed one of the above. I am all over the place. I start one, start another, look over here, look over there, doe a deer, a female deer, ray, a golden drop of sun . . .
I am driving myself crazy.
So I thought I’d have a glass of wine and see if I could calm myself down a bit.
And then maybe tomorrow or the next day, I can come back and tell you that I completed a project.
But first —- did you know The Bachelorette premieres tomorrow night!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!! And it will be the RETURN OF TALK ABOUT IT TUESDAY!?!?
So people, set your DVR’s and join me in watching ridiculous TV!
And then LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!!!!
Okay, who else is ALL OVER THE PLACE?
Please raise your hand and/or comment.