Nothing else takes the place of Blistex. Plain Blistex. Don’t give me the medicine kind or the color kind or any of that stuff. I need the green tube. I have one EVERYWHERE. I keep one in the coffee table by the couch so I can just reach in and grab it. I have one in every purse and bag I own. I have two at school. One in the car.
I’m linking up with Blog Hoppin!
I hope I can come up with 10 fun things about myself that you don’t already know. It might be hard not to repeat myself from past posts in which I divulge every.single.thing about myself. I’m an open book, don’t ya know.
1. I’m not that great of a housekeeper. Which is why I have Anna. But even with Anna, I’m just not a good cleaner. AT ALL. My mom can’t believe it because she is a fastidious cleaner of all surfaces and spring cleans every inch of her house as if Miss Hannigan told her to make it shine like the top of the Chrysler Building!
Not me. I basically do this: laundry, wipe kitchen counters, load the dishwasher, unload the dishwasher, and take out the trash. I am horrible at making my bed, too. I pretty much only make my bed on Saturdays when I change the sheets or on the Fridays Anna comes.
My mom is most likely shaking her head at this very moment. She might have shuddered and not known why.
2. If my hair is in a ponytail, you can be sure I didn’t wash it, and it is dirty, and it is shellacked with hairspray so you probably shouldn’t touch it.
My friends at school always want to know how it’s so smooth. It’s called HAIRSPRAY and I am not afraid to use it, people.
3. When I get home, I can’t sit down until I’ve made the coffee and my lunch for the next day, as well as figured out what the heck I’m gonna wear. If I don’t get that out of the way, watching my shows is not enjoyable because I’m thinking about how tired I am and that I have to go make the coffee and my lunch and iron. And you KNOW I want to enjoy my shows.
4. I am addicted to Blistex. For reals.
I feel like I might die without it. Hold on. I need to go reapply.
Okay. I’m back. I really did go reapply.
5. I am also addicted to Ice Breakers Breath Mints in Wintergreen or Spearmint, but I prefer Spearmint. Although that flavor is harder to find so I have to buy a lot when I find them.
I am deathly afraid of having bad breath. (But not dirty hair. Hmmm. Go figure,) I have mints everywhere, too. Just not in the coffee table because if I’m sitting on the couch, I am usually eating or drinking wine and a mint is not necessary.
6. I have short nails. I don’t bite them. (I have a different problem which I guess I can talk about in number 7.) They’re just short. They’re not that strong for whatever reason. Most likely because I don’t drink milk and think it’s disgusting. That’s probably also why I’m short. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my dad is 5’5″ and my mom is 5’4″. I’m sure it’s only due to the lack of calcium in my life.
Anywho, my nails are not strong and so they break or whatever. Because they’re short, I have to have nail polish on them. I just do. It’s just way it is. I go through phases of nail polish colors. Currently (like for the last five months or so), I am obsessed with, and only wearing, Sally Hansen’s Commander in Chic.
I just love it. Yes, I do. Even though I know pastels and blues and other colors are “in”, I don’t care. I’m a rebel. I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again.
7. Okay, so I don’t bite my nails. Nope. Instead, I picked up a habit in college that has not gone away even though I have tried and tried and tried to stop.
I pick the skin on my fingers. Not the cuticles or where you might get a hangnail. No. Not me. Instead, I start with the skin underneath the nail and pull back. I usually pick at it until it gets down to the first knuckle. Other times, I do the reverse and start at the first knuckle and pull the skin off and work up to the nail. I will do this until a) I have a “clean” section and it’s all the way smooth or b) I am bleeding and it hurts.
I am a sicko. I know. This is only done on the BACK of the finger. Not the front. And it is mainly my thumbs that are my victims, but my pointer fingers and middle fingers can be attacked, too, especially if I have nothing new going on with my thumbs (meaning I’ve picked them clean and I am in need of something to pick).
My whole family tells me to stop it already. My hubby threatens to not hold my hand.
And I keep doing it.
I know. SICKO!
8. I’ll talk to anybody about anything anytime. Pull up a chair! Let’s talk! Unless it’s during The Bachelorette or The Housewives or Big Brother. Then we’ll have to pause the show. Or we can talk, but then we need to rewind.
9. I love to laugh. I love to make others laugh. Laughter is fun. When I laugh super super super hard, no sound comes out. I think I’ve said this one before. But it’s true. And because no sound is coming out, I feel the need to slap my knee or the wall or the person who made me laugh that hard.
I also crack myself up. A lot.
10. I pee more than anyone else I know. It drives me crazy! I always have to go! I am your girl if you need to know where any restroom is anywhere in the world. Practically.
I am jealous of people who can hold it and sleep through the night.
I will also go anywhere. I’m not ashamed. If I have to go, I’ll go. Even if it’s gross. And nasty. Even if it’s at the dog beach and someone let their dog poop on the floor. EVEN THEN.
I REALLY AM A SICKO!
But I have to go! I just have to! I cannot help it.
Well, there you go. Now I need to pee.
And that’s my ten.
What’s something unique about you? Are you a sicko? Do you pee a lot? Do you have dirty hair?