It’s time for Farley’s Currently Party. I can’t believe it. It’s April. Did you know it’s April? I just found out.
Let me elaborate on each of the above.
1. The New Footloose? I watched it yesterday. No, thank you. I was not amused. If I could get Juliana Hough into the original Footloose, I’d be all set. What was up with those buses? And the figure eight? C’mon. What happened to the tractors? Phooey. Willard was cute, I can say that.
The original Footloose is one of my all time Favorite Movies. I can quote it. I love it. I don’t know about you, but when I get really angry and upset (REALLY ANGRY AND UPSET), I drive to the nearest warehouse and I dance. I can really relate to Kevin Bacon during that part of the movie. Have you ever been so mad that you just felt the need to dance in a warehouse? Or is that just Kevin and me?
Because yesterday’s Footloose was such a disappointment to me, I had to get out the original today. So it’s on in the background. Love it.
2. My First Grade Team (along with my partner’s daughter and my student teacher from last year — because they love us and we love them) came over today. We ordered pizza and garlic knots (holla!) and began planning for our new Open House Theme. It is going to be a lot of work. We aren’t worried, though. Just stressed. And anxious. I may have to drive to the nearest warehouse after I type this . . .
3. Um, so . . . the dress debacle continues. UGH. I went to pick up my dress yesterday. And two pairs of jeans. I didn’t try on the dress at the shop. I didn’t want to. I just couldn’t. I’m a big chicken. I know. Mr. Russian Tailor said to let him know how it fit and if he needed to, he would try again. He is not happy with the fabric. The fabric is . . . he couldn’t find the right word. But his face said it all. That fabric and the tailor do not get along.
So I got home and I took off the clear plastic bag. And guess what?
The dress was there.
And one pair of jeans.
ONE PAIR OF JEANS.
I had two.
And I came home with ONE.
I said no. No, no, no, no, no. I ran downstairs to the garage. Looked. Nope. Not on the ground. Looked in my car. Nope. Not in the car. Looked under the car. Looked in my purse. Looked in the glove compartment. Looked in the doggie door. No jeans. Anywhere.
You have got to be kidding me, I said.
The husband said, “You have got to be kidding me.”
I hemmed and hawed for awhile.
Shed a tear or two.
Had a couple of heart palpitations.
And then worked up the nerve to call Mr. Russian Tailor.
He stammered. He apologized. He was quiet.
I said, “Keep the jeans. It’s fine.”
He said, “No one else is this short. Please come get them.”
So I did.
And then we broke up.
(Not really. But I did pick them up and he apologized profusely and I believe he begged me with his eyes to leave him alone. Go away, they said.)
I still haven’t tried on the dress. I just can’t. I mean, would YOU?
4. I want this week to slooooow down. I am enjoying my time a little too much and I don’t want it to end. I am especially attached to the sleeping part.
5. I need a new tailor. OBVIOUSLY.
6. Super Power – Kazam! Zero calories! I think this is self explanatory, but basically, let’s say you have a piece of cheesecake (I’ll be at the best place to get cheesecake this Saturday so it’s on my mind). And let’s say you have an extra big slice. Dee-lish. Well, my super power would be to say, “Kazam! Zero calories!”
Before I go, I want to say that I hope all my friends in the Dallas area are okay, what with all of those tornadoes hovering around over there. My twin called during our planning meeting to tell me that she and the kids were in the clear, but that the kids were on lockdown at school and it was scary. Here’s the thing. I had NO IDEA that any of this was going on. NONE. My twintuition is off today!! GASP! I blame it all on this whole dress/jeans/tailor/never/going/to/end/saga. The kids are now home and all is well. I hope the same for you!
Don’t forget to link up with Farley!
Cut loose! Footloose! Kick off your Sunday shoes! Oooh-eee! Marie!!!! Man, I love this movie!!!!
Everybody cut loose!!!!